We believe that there are many benefits of effective tenant involvement, including:
• more satisfied tenants;
• improved quality of services that address tenants needs;
• improved value for money;
• better engagement with tenants about the services they receive;
• increased trust and accountability; and
• the opportunity for tenants to develop new skills and knowledge.
We aim to:
• Make information easily available to tenants;
• Inform, support and engage in ways that suit tenants;
• Respond to tenants’ ideas and provide feedback; and
• Make training and resources available.
We wish to encourage tenants to engage in the activities of LSHA in a way that suits them.
Keeping you Informed:
We use our website to give details of our housing service, performance, key policies and how you can get involved as a tenant.
We issue a newsletter three times a year with tenant involvement in its content where possible.
We publish an Annual Review which is sent to all tenants.
We use emails and texts where possible which enables us to communicate with speed.
Listening to our Residents
We use surveys to find out what you think about our repairs service.
We consult with our Tenant’s Group on a range of topics.
We carry out a survey of all residents every 2-3 years.
We use complaints and compliments to influence the way we deliver services.
Making a Difference
By joining the LSHA Tenants Group, you can be part of shaping the services we provide.
By becoming a board member, you can be part of the team responsible for challenging our performance and helping to shape our future. This includes scrutinising what we do, making sure that we meet our legal duties and ensuring we keep to our mission, aims and values.
If you wish to join our Tenants Group or the Board, we will offer you guidance and support to help you.
We will source appropriate training where possible.
We will reimburse reasonable expenses such as travel costs that are incurred in carrying out your duties.
If you would like to find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to your Housing Officer